Which plants to grow for evening fragrance and flowers

Hi gang.
I want to buy my in laws a nice plants.
They are very sociable and entertain alot.
Which plants do you suggest that has longlasting flowering and evening fragrance.
Easy to grow and in a container.

1 Like

Hi, Evening primrose would be good, Nemesia is another lovley scented plant. Night phlox is one of my favโ€™s an the tobacco plant Nicotiana would do well.
see if you can get a selection so as one is going over another is coming out so you get an overlapping long display.

2 Likes

Thanks Nick. Great advice :kissing_closed_eyes::tulip::bouquet:

1 Like

How about Jasmine? Really easy to grow and perfect in a large pot. Fabulous evening fragrance. AlsoTrachelospermum jasminoides- the star Jasmin is nice with a lovely perfume. I like both. They are perennials so will go on and on giving years of pleasure.

3 Likes

Trachelospermum is one of my favorite climbers, I have to in my garden at home and at work, they are great evergreen, and as you say the sent is amazing.

All of the above!
Also, I have a compact variety of honeysuckle growing in a pot on my patio - gorgeous smelling and covered in bees and hoverflies. I think it is Chic et Choc

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is gorgeous. Is it toxic to cats?
:blush:

Donโ€™t know - my cats are outside cats so they ignore plants apart from catnip :crazy_face: The pots are only interesting to them if a mouse is under one.

1 Like