New Greenhouse - Green or Clear plastic?

Hi all,

I’m in the process of purchasing a greenhouse to help me start veggies off rather than planting them straight into my beds, esp ones like peas, tomatoes etc.

I have seen one (pic attached) and need some advice before pressing the BUY button on Amazon. Its only £60 and tbh the perfect size as it’ll be the rear garden away from the veggie patch at home. I was more curious on the green colouring compared to clear and if that would make a massive different.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for some reason I can’t attach pics but it’s basically a greenhouse with a green coloured covering

I think I would choose the clear plastic, it will let in more light though I’m sure the green is fine too.

(sorry about the images not working, I need to update the community software to the latest version which I’ll try and do this week)

1 Like

Cheers Jack. Before your reply came in I went in and ordered the one with the green covering though its clear in parts. Hopefully this help me as I have no space inside my shed to start plants off. So at present it’s a must have !!!

1 Like

It will be fine don’t worry, outside you’ll have so much light things will grow well in it - and they wouldn’t sell them if they didn’t work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got one of the green ones this year, some stuff did really well but others didn’t. It also didn’t survive long into autumn, a few gusts and it was destroyed even though it was tied down so don’t spend much on one and you may need to replace it each year. I actually bought a really cheap one from Home Bargains to start with and the plastic connections melted on one of the really hot days. I arrived at the allotment to find it had shrunk down :joy:.

The 2nd one was from Argos and £50. I’d like a proper greenhouse this year but if I can’t afford it I will get a clear one this time.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @LynsP. I haven’t spent much tbh and its just an experiment on the next stage of growing in my kitchen garden. I’m mainly going to grow my tomatoes and aubergines in there and start my seedlings off

1 Like