My garden's a bit of a disaster!

Blossom end rot on tomatoes. Cabbage white caterpillers all over kale. Flea beetle feeding on rocket & lettuce. Fungi covering large areas of lawn and smelly pond!!
Might be spending the next few weeks concreting over garden!
My success: Roses were lovely in June :joy:

2 Likes

Yes your roses were lovely! Don’t despair. I had mice eat my broccoli seedlings and dwarf beans, and winds wreck my climbing beans. My golden beetroot were delicious.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jan. First time veggie grower. Made raised beds in the spring. Had such high hopes! I’m very glad your beetroot were such a success. Here’s to next year :clinking_glasses:

Wow Diane your roses were beautiful! I’m a first time veggie grower too with lots of lessons learnt from this year’s attempts!:joy: I’m much too soft to kill any slugs / caterpillars etc so more defence strategies for next year especially for my brassicas! I found nematodes cleared my pond brilliantly. I’ve really caught the gardening bug and looking forward to next year’s attempts. Good luck too!

2 Likes

Thank you, Amanda. Defence strategy is definitely the way forward!! My neighbour, kindly, gave me some tomato plants and they grew huge but because of lockdown we couldn’t get any proper supports & they flopped over the dwarf beans, herbs & beetroot! I too have learnt lots of lessons! Will try nematodes, thank you. Good luck to you too.

1 Like

Those roses are fantastic Diane! Makes up for all the other issues, gardens always have good and bad bits do not worry! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fab to hear the gardening bug has stuck with you, once you have it, it never leaves :slight_smile:

Thank you, Jack, how nice of you to say so. Seems that not even I can kill David Austin roses!

1 Like