Book on gardening with UK native plants?

I’ve become increasingly interested in using UK native plants in the garden. The big shift for me came after reading Benjamin Vogt’s A New Garden Ethic, and more recently listening to Doug Tallamy.

However, the majority of books appear to be US-centric. The best UK book I’ve come up with is The Wild Garden by Violet Stevenson (first published in 1985!) Does anyone have any suggestions for garden design books using UK native plants?

1 Like

I can’t really think of one, I’d love to write one one day but think I’ll be beaten to it!

2 Likes

You have one guaranteed sale if you write one :grin:! I’ve been experimenting by moving wildflowers around the garden into more prominent beds. A bit of a haphazard experiment, not sure how well they’ll do or how they’ll fit with other plants. But fun nonetheless!

1 Like

I’ve also been moving wildflowers around from the common paths in the community garden to my plot… so far not that successful :frowning:

2 Likes

Me too :smile: I’ll probably write something on this soon and then revisit it in five years time when I’ve studied it all better!

Often sowing them by seed or moving seedlings is best :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh thanks Jack. We were doing a weeding of the common pathways of our community garden and I wanted to save some cool ones I found :frowning:

1 Like