Are my onions dying

So I multi sowed some red onions at the beginning and have since planted into a self made raised bed using bits of left over ones after extending my beds

However … They look like they are not not growing or do they take a considerable amount of time to shoot

Help please else I will resow some more to replace them

@jackwallington can you help with this dilemma as this the first ever seed sown onions which were started at the beginning of the year and planted out a few weeks back

1 Like

Hmm, they look ok. I would leave them and see what happens. There isn’t anything you can do yourself now except see how they grow. My seedlings look similar to yours at the moment. They keep flitting between healthy growth and looking sad.

2 Likes

Hmm, they look like some of my seed sown onions, but once temps warm up I’m sure they will get a spurt, interestingly Ihavesix seed sown mammoths in single pots currently in the cold frame that are doing better😉

1 Like

Thanks @jackwallington and @antsuxx for your swift replies. I have been really paranoid about the way they looked. But like you said, I’m just going to keep them covered during the colder times and just see how they grow.

First time growing onions from seed this year and literally an experiment. I have some brown onions in the grow house at the moment and will plant them out once they’ve sprouted :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes